Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cue Celebratory Dance: Upcoming Kdrama Anniversary!

It's nearly official - almost a year of my life has been spent watching Asian television.

Now, I don't know the exact date of the day I decided to watch past those first four minutes of Boys Over Flowers, but I know the approximate week, at least! See, I know that I watched - and then exited promptly following - the first four minutes of Boys Over Flowers. Then, I spent a week slugging my way through 200 Pounds Beauty. (Yes, slugging. Firstly, I had softball and homework. Secondly, I had - and have - weight insecurities and singing skills myself, but the film just didn't keep my attention, so it took  me a week to finish.) According to Netflix, I completed the movie on May 5, which was a Sunday last year. (Just in case you were dying to know.)

Over the course of the week that followed the movie completion, I would be in class or on the softball field, and my mind would suddenly flash back to Geum Jan Di riding her bike to Shinhwa for ten seconds. At some point, I decided to return to the first episode and watch more than Geum Jan Di on a bike.

Part of me wants to say this decision was made on my birthday, which was the next week. Before I deliberate with myself over the state of my memory, let's just say my birthday is my Kdrama anniversary.

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember." -Jack Sparrow
I wouldn't be that far off the mark, if it were to be discovered that the day was different. *shrugs*

Anyway...on to my point!

So since my birthday is the day after my final AP exam, and I don't have a game as of yet, I'm thinking of starting a series of posts on my birthday that detail the Asian dramas I have seen in the past year. The posts will be the basic stuff: favorite dramas, favorite OSTs, favorite actors, with maybe a few random lists thrown in for the fun.

In addition, I have a few reviews to write, as you can see from the side bar. I'm not going to write a review on all of the dramas I have completed over the past two months, as I honestly don't want to have 7+ reviews to write at once. Oh, and "Wopping Wednesday" and "Friday the First" will be picked back up as well, just on a rotary-publishing basis. (The next "Wopping Wednesday" and "Friday the First" will feature Miss A and You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin, in case you were wondering.)

Yeah, I'm prepared to sink back into the quicksand of the Korean drama world just as soon as I walk away from that third AP exam. That will be a nice birthday present for myself!

May 15th - be there or be...not there!

-Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment