Friday, February 21, 2014

My (K)Dramas: PPIF #5

Well, I've put another drama on hold, and I'm slowly getting through the dramas I'm watching. Most of the dramas I am currently viewing are either currently airing or are being viewed with a currently-airing-style schedule. This works, I guess, because once the spring gets here, I will be finishing most of them up in time to cram for my finals.

You know, since PPIF #4, I've been wondering wherther or not to continue this PPIF series. After all, I now have that "Currently Watching" list off to the side. The anime won't necessarily be discussed - unless I choose to do a special, random post about a particular one - but you all can see what I am watching and my progress in what I am watching. However, this does provide a limited amount of amusement...at least for me...so why not?

Anyway...ON TO THE LIST!

Recently Finished (Past):

-Pretty Man (2013)
Hi, IU. Oh, hello there, Lee Jang Woo. It's nice to see you outside of Smile, Dong Hae. Bye.

-Dream High (2011)
Oh, you're back, IU! I should thank Stephanie-unni for telling me to "drop what [I'm] doing right now and watch" because "[these] are [my] people." (I'll just go ahead and assume that she was referring to my status as a high-school student.)

There would be at least one more drama in this category if I hadn't put Medical Top Team on hold...

Currently Watching (Present):

-Smile, Dong Hae (2010)
Yep, I'm still chugging through this one. Slowly, but surely, I will finish this drama...within the year.

-Empress Ki (2013) (but most of it is in 2014, so let's just say it's a 2014 drama...)
I've developed an interest in Joo Jin Mo because of this drama, but Ji Chang Wook is still my heart's priority. And who knows? Now that I've been introduced to Ha Ji Won as well, maybe I'll have a reason to watch Secret Garden besides the supporting actors.

I should just stop talking before I ramble on about my love for Empress Ki. Moving on!

-The Return of Iljimae (2009)
Wanting to watch this for Facebook group Operation: Kdrama Chat has proved to be both a blessing and a curse. We're about halfway through it, but because I keep getting behind, I've missed most of the chat sessions. (I procrastinate with this drama...)

-Hours of My Life (Boku no Ita Jikan) (2014)
I've been avoiding the subject on my blog, but for this drama, I am a part of DramaFever's Drama Club. Words cannot describe how glad I am that I agreed to be a part of that group. This is an amazing show... (And the group is fun, too!)

As a side note, quite a few people seem to be sobbing over this drama. They should be; it's a very sad yet inspiring Jdrama. I just haven't cried yet. (The task of eliciting tears from these eyes is an extremely difficult one. This drama makes me want to smile more than it makes me want to cry.)

-You Who Came From the Stars or My Love From Another Star or...*shrug* (2013) (more so 2014 for the same reason as Empress Ki)
It has only taken me until the drama has nearly finished, but I finally started watching this. Last night, after finishing Dream High, I gave in to the intense desire to see Kim Soo Hyun in his alien glory. (That, and the poll I put on Facebook saw this drama in first place within the first five minutes.)

Up Next (Immediate Future):

-Inspiring Generation (2014)
*cries* I'm sorry I've neglected you, Gangaji Sunbae! Kim Hyun Joong, I promise that I will get past the first fifteen minutes soon! *sobs* Why haven't I watched this? I swear I will start this back up again in a month or so...

-Medical Top Team (2013)
The same can be said for this drama as well. The only difference is that I am at some point in episode 9 as opposed to episode 1. About a month ago, I realized that I didn't really feel like watching this, and that this sentiment was hurting my overall drive to watch dramas. Sorry, Joo Ji Hoon. You can bring me back, though!

-Answer Me 1997 (Reply 1997) (2012)
I remember this had been on this list months ago...Thanks to the poll I put on Facebook, it's been brought back.

-Nice Guy (Innocent Man) (2012)
As has this drama. I still really want to watch this, I just haven't. (However, that can be said for many dramas.) When I slept over at my friend Jang Yi's house a few months ago, she showed me the first episode, but no further progress has been made.

I've noticed that I haven't really been following the plans that have been set in the last category. In the end, the last category serves as more of a guideline, apparently...Aish, there are so many dramas to choose from...how are we all not overwhelmed yet?

-Pamela


No comments:

Post a Comment