Sunday, November 17, 2013

Part of My Problem With Heirs

It's cute, but I just don't enjoy watching the show all that much. And this makes me feel guilty.

I finished episode 10 yesterday, and watched the beginning of episode 11. Episodes 13 and 14 are airing this week, and it is highly doubtful that I will watch 11 and 12 before this weekend.

This drama makes me feel conflicted in terms of motivation. I've only simulcasted two other dramas (I Hear Your Voice and Master's Sun), but they weren't as repelling. What I mean by that is that I have to force myself to sit down and watch it, as opposed to watching the numerous other Kdramas I'm currently viewing.

Heirs, in my opinion, isn't the kind of drama that's suited for simulcasting.

There's no urgent plot.

There are no "HOLY CRAP, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! HOW AM I GOING TO LAST ANOTHER WEEK?!" cliffhangers at the end of the episodes.

I try to like it; I do. Once I get into the episodes, there are certain moments that make me glad I didn't close the tab and just focus on Five Fingers, Soul, or my - slow - rewatch of City Hunter (which is going a lot more slowly than the show deserves; but that's just due to the fact that I've watched it once, and I feel less pressured by myself to watch it).

My plan has been to finish Heirs the week it stops airing, and then reflect upon / review it the same weekend. However, I'm starting to think that such a plan isn't fair to the drama. I also know that if I stop watching now and wait until all the episodes are out, then rewatch the first ten episodes before moving on, that would probably be best for my perception of it.

Because Heirs. Is. Such. A. Slow. And. Repetitive. Show.

But I'm already halfway through it.

...I don't know what to do.

-Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment